WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS? Bottled essential oils are the oils contained in plants. The oil is extracted from the plant and bottled. The essential oil contains all the protecting benefits that the actual plant uses to maintain itself. We can then use those concentrated oils in cleaning, health routines and emotional support.
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR CLEANING As a mom, I know that cleaning is an important part of maintaining a healthy house. I want to know my kids are safe when they're playing on the floor and eating off of the counter. While that DOES mean I want to remove dirt, bacteria and viruses from the surfaces of my home, it also means I DON'T want to add toxins that can affect the health of my kids to our home's air and surfaces.
The trick to creating a healthy home that is clean AND safe is by simplifying. While the store may have two entire aisles devoted to ways you can clean your home, you don't need all of those types of cleaners in your house. You can create a safe and healthy house with a few essential products and tools.
This is why I'm a huge supporter of using the benefits of Essential Oils as opposed to chemicals and additives that are placed in cleaning products.
If you've read through our Healthy House Cleaning Recipe Book, you will see that Essential Oils are in almost EVERY recipe. This is because of the disinfecting properties of oils like Lavender and Lemon. We also recommend staying FAR away from air fresheners. If you are wanting to freshen the air at home, I strongly recommend an oil diffuser and essential oils of your choosing. There has been a lot of research on the benefits of diffusing oils in your home. I recommend using Young Living Oils, which you can find here.
Why I Love Young Living Essential Oils for Your Health & Home
1. Seed -Powerful, effective essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Our own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of our seeds. The seeds we use are selected for their scientifically proven ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
2. Cultivate – Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
3. Distill – Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting essential oils and preserving their precious constituents. We use cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
4. Test – Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities. Our testing methods ensure that our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
5. Seal – Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in its 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled and labeled. Our carefully bottled, painstakingly produced essential oils are shipped to members worldwide.
SERVICE AREAS White Bear Lake - Maplewood - Roseville - Arden Hills - Shoreview - Moundsview - Little Canada - St. Paul - Blaine - Coon Rapids - Fridley - Minneapolis - Stillwater - Grant - Lake Elmo - Oakdale - Woodbury - South St. Paul - North St. Paul - Gem Lake - Dellwood - Forest Lake - Brooklyn Center - New Brighton - Eagan - Apple Valley - Bloomington - Brooklyn Park - West St. Paul